Yet another revisit. See also post on dare2fail.
My intern David Okao asked “What if the west coast workplaces are too demanding? Can you cope?” I replied
- As an adventurer, I don’t mind the risk… robust, resilient confidence
- As an adventurer, I see myself as adaptable, a survivor
- I may have my secret weapons
- I may find my strengths such as domain knowledge, data analysis, trouble-shooting, efficient design, math(yes)
I then went over a similar discussion about MLP with Ashish, when I said —
- If similar to Macq, I put up a good fight but still fail due to personal “capabilities”, I ought to feel positive about the whole experience.
- I’m good at the job-hunting game so no real worries.
The Sg2019 presents a rare opportunity to work for such a firm and gain some insight how they select candidates.
Salary might be slightly lower like 150k vs 180k@SCB, but i think it’s completely fine, until we (irrationally) compare to some peers.
The inherent risk of stigma (damagedGood, PIP..) are lower since I’m older and newer, bringing down the expectation. I would feel like Michael Jordan joining baseball.
ibanks and esp. startups appreciate that trec