When I first identify an acquaintance as an all-round high flyer, his (her) “note-worthy” achievements were invariablly rather few, thanks to my automatic filter on his other “success” stories … becasue those kinds of “successes” are, at a deep and personal level, unimportant to me. But then those things insidiously sneak past my defence into my inferiority complex and /infest/. Extremely irrational and 不值得.
I would rather feel inferior to someone (I know well) with many unrelated yet worthy achievements . I doubt there’s any in my circle.
Incidentally, when a public speaker is introduced on stage, the audience often hear a list of “successes” which are mostly unimportant to me.
(Even though none of them is a friend I know well enough) Over the years there were a small number of acquaintances  I have singled out. Once I singe one out, I tend to lose my critical thinking and see many unimportant/insignificant/secondary “achievements” as enviable. Critical thinking is badly, badly needed at such a juncture!
Incidentally, one of the most effective ways to feel not-inferior is a lucrative job offer, even if I don’t take it.
The initial “enviable achievements” are usually one of these 5
1) income, almost always managerial 
2) investment, mostly property
3) beautiful wife
* fitness, flexibility and body shape
* short commute
The other factors are usually (as they should) in my “don’t-care/unimportant-to-me” list, but they sneak into my inferiority complex.
* (multiple) degreed from prestigous universities? Actually most of them are inferior to me!
* academic kids
* competitions and awards to himself or kids
* branded employers? many of them have fewer than mine
* running his own side business? I did while many of them didn’t
* wife professional career
* work-life balance… “easy job”? Questionable. Most high-paying jobs require effort
* writing and music skills? I achieved more than most of them!
* cars? is a liability not an asset!
* green card
* vacations to many places? Huge cost, no real gain for me
* magerial success at an erly age
* golf skills? i couldn’t care less when I’m not losing my critical thinking.
* networking skill, smooth personality? I’m not this type
 as soon as I hear the MD title of some ex-classmate, I lose my critical thinking defence.
Better consider [[compassion and self hate]] and Buddhist teaching
 Beside ML, Here are some questionable names. Many of them I barely know the name and job title, so my inferiority is fundamentally similar to my infatuation over the Indonesian girl Sandy, whom I spoke to fewer than 3 times.
* Lu Nuo — I only know he has a writing hobby …
* Cai Hongyu
* Tao YY — I don’t really know how he is doing
* Yang Yang
* Xie Xiaoli
 briefly on myself — math, piano, c#, swing, properties, blog, helping friends with job hunting