I had blogged about this before, such as the blogger-pripri post on “many long term career options”
Hongzhi asked what if you can’t go to the US.
* Some Singapore companies simply keep their older staff since they still can do the job, and the cost of layoff is too high. My experience at OC/Macq convinced me to have very low hope.
* Support and maintenance tech roles
* Some kind of managerial role ? I guess I am mediocre but could possibly do it, but i feel hands-on work is easier and safer.
* Teach in a Poly or private school ? possibly not my strength
* Run some small business such as Kindergarten with wife