Is there an oth risk? Comparable to MSFM, my perception of the whole experience shapes my outlook and future decision.
- Not much positive feedback beside ‘providing new, different viewpoints’, but Josh doesn’t give positive feedback anyway
- should be able to come back to MS unless very stringent requirement
- Josh might remember Victor as more suitable for greenfield projects.
- I think Josh likes me as a person and understands my priorities. I did give him 4W notice and he appreciated.
- I didn’t get the so-called “big picture” that Josh probably valued. Therefore I was unable to “support the floor” when team is out. The last time I achieved that was in Macq.
- work ethic — A few times I worked hard and made personal sacrifices. Josh noticed.
- In the final month, I saw myself as fairly efficient to wrap up my final projects including the “serialization” listed below
Q: I was brought in as a seasoned c++ old hand. Did I live up to that image? Note I never promised to be an expert
A: I think my language knowledge (zbs, beyond QQ) was sound
A: my tool chain GTD knowledge was as limited as other old hands.
Q: was the mvea c++ codebase too big for me?
A: No, given my projects are always localized. and there were a few old hands to help me out.
I had a few proud deliveries where I had some impetus to capture the momentum (camp out). Listed below. I think colleagues were impressed to some extent even though other people probably achieved more. Well, I don’t need to compare with those and feel belittled.
This analysis revealed that Josh is not easily impressed. Perhaps he has high standard as he never praised anyone openly.
- * I identified two stateless calc engines in pspc. Seeing the elegant simplicity in the design, I quickly zoomed in, stepped over and documented the internal logic and replicated it in spreadsheet.
- * my pspc avg price sheet successfully replicated a prod “issue”, shedding light into a hitherto murky part of the codebase
- * I quickly figure out serialization as root cause of the outage, probably within a day.
- * I had two brave attempts to introduce my QOT innovation
- * My 5.1 Brazil pspc project was the biggest config project to date. I single-handedly overcame many compilation (gm-install) and startup errors. In particular, I didn’t leave the project half-cooked, even though I had the right to do so.
- I make small contributions to python test set-up