- — manifestations first, fundamental, hidden factors last
- PIP, stigma, damagedGood. Note I’m not worried about cashflow
- [f] project delays
- [f] long hours
- [f] long commute
- large codebase in brown field. Am slower than others at reading code.
- [f] opacity — is worse than complexity or codebase size
- figure-out speed benchmark — including impostor’s syndrome
- [f = faced by every team member]
The connections among these “nodes” look complex but may not be really complex.
PIP is usually the most acute, harmful item among them. I usually freak out, though in hind sight I always feel I tried my best and should not feel ashamed. Josh is one manager who refuses to use PIP, so under Josh I had no real fear.