Competition arenas … we all CHOOSE the arena to compete in. It’s a choice, either implicit choice or explicit choice. I would say better to be conscious about this choice.
Not much new content in this blogpost. I feel very convinced to stick with WallSt contract market. Here is a ranking of the reasons why I consider it a rational decision, though our decisions are shaped by our deeply personal experiences and inherently irrational.
Beware of attachment !
- low stress, low expectation — my #1 reason as of 2019
- low-caliber competitors, mostly due to the “off–putting” below
- age friendly
- I get to practice interviews and keep a precious burning-pleasure for a month each year on average.
- In contrast, If I were an ibank VP I would have multiple obstacles on that front.
- — other reasons to prefer Wall St contract
- higher probability of greenfield projects
- leverage on domain knowledge
- I can easily explain my job hopping profile
- ?? a number of firms to hop around
Now the downside, off-putting factors. ## Y most young dev shun contracts — Many bright or young competitors are put off by these factors, reducing the competition.