I made localSys effort in each job below, but did it save me? See my rather surgical tabulation analysis of past PIP + survivals
Respect depends on your “performance” relative to team calibre.
- 🙂 RTS — yes but limited localSys
- 😦 GS — No, not a lot of respect, but I was able to hold my end of the log. With insufficient localSys I would get even less respect.
- 😦 Quest — No. The PIP was due to many factors. I feel my Quest GTD was adequate. With insufficient localSys, I would get even less respect.
- 😦 mvea — no
- 95G + volFitter — limited localSys .. nice green field projects for me.
- 😦 Macq — No. However, With insufficient localSys, I might have been kicked out within Y1
— Macq? I now feel my localSys at Macq was deeper than at Quest or RTS
- I put in lots of effort and was able to diagnose most build errors on MSVS and Linux.
- I needed lots of localSys knowledge to modernize codebase for MSVS-2015 and c++14.
- I needed localSys + innovative on-the-fly code gen + other skills to add the logging decorator into pymodels. This hack alone is worth a bonus. This hack is more effective more valuable than all my hacks in OC.
However, I feel the expectation was too high so in the end I got PIP and felt like damaged good.
I need to challenge that negative impression of the entire episode.