Rahul used the word “satisfaction”. (Sometimes I call it “intrinsic motivation” or “joy”.) The satisfaction factor is crucial to absorbency. It enables Rahul to put in so many hours.
Q: What are my satisfactions i.e. intrinsic motivation?
A: discover my own solutions that are reasonably efficient even if not optimal. Almost never elegant and simple.
I don’t mind reading a classic solution in a Real (possibly online) publication but I hate to read solutions in
forums as XR does. Those forum posts leads to wipe-out
- completely wipe out that precious satisfaction.
- positive feedback loop broken
- self-esteem destroyed
- self-mastery destroyed
- sense of progress wiped out
- sense of self-improvement wiped out
- absorbency wiped out
- I feel /diminished/ and worth-less.
- i feel hopeless giving up
It’s possible that the forum posters also learned the solutions from publications. But I basically assume they are just so brainy.