Remember QQ means ‘tough topics not needed for GTD’. A QQ quiz (to some extent, algo quiz too)
- measures your diligence, amount of learning effort you put in beyond your work projects.
- measures your dedication and commitment to self-learning a dry, tough topic. Learning is not only a drudgery, but also a major challenge on a typical job. 90% of the day-to-day challenges involve learning, re-learning, connecting the dots..
- checks for a self-starter vs a passive learner
- measures your self-reliance at learning
- measures how detail-oriented a candidate is
- checks for intellectually laziness
- measures soundness of fundamental concepts underlying your logical “framework”. In many large financial systems there are fundamental design principles and concepts that are .. fairly logical and consistent. Yang was good at grasping the logical, and questioning the illogical.
- measures depth of curiosity and learning
- measures technical communication bandwidth with another developer