Say you stay in one team for 5 years, hoping to accumulate portable expertise + localSys insight
Here are some hidden pitfalls, beyond the visible threats like churn.
- Pitfall 1: local system knowledge, 100% non-portable
- eg: Qz
- Tibrv wrappers in 95G is not so bad
- Pitfall 1b: limited standardization across companies.
- eg: cryptocurrency
- eg: OMS framework? M b2bTradigEngine ^ SIG ^ ETSFlow
- eg: software mkt data dissemination cf raw mkt data parsing
- Pitfall 2 : poor market depth
- eg: vol fitter