My GS technical challenge was tough but i conquered it convincingly! There were some technical challenges beyond me (such as the initial rule-engine rewrite project), but most technical challenges were within my grasp.
Somehow, over the years a negative self-image has overshadowed the positive evidence.
- Everyone said I was technically good enough.
- My mortgage solution code review were well-received. Mark then organized a “seminar” where I presented my mortgage solution to more than 10 guys.
- Yang was tough but he liked my designs in errorMemos.
- I grasped errorMemos code-base quickly, cleaned it up and were able to add new features quickly
- I convinced many that I was a local technical expert in my team. Perhaps Chad was even stronger but that doesn’t change the above fact — consider Roger Federa.