Real deciding factor is coworker benchmark (not PIP/stigma). Are there managers tolerant of team members below the benchmark? Josh, Srini of Citi-muni..? Even in a less demanding company, pressure can be high.
- — Here are some jobs paying 150k with light GTD-load. Usually don’t attract young bright guys.
- employer: slower ibanks like Citi, UBS
- employer: some commercial banks like OC, BONY
- employer: large traditional buy-side like AIG, Vanguard
- employer: 3rd type financial firms like exchanges/ECNs, data vendors (Reuters?), financial product vendors,
- employer: non-finance like telcos
- employer: startups but they tend to use new technologies
- less glamorous — like mkt data, back office
- greenfield codebase with short history — like OC, StirtRisk
- smaller codebase — like RTS
- older workforce — like RTS
- older technologies — like SQL, C, socket