Note this is about c++ add-on packages (like boost), less popular in c++ than in jxee !
After overspending on boost (and hibernate, gemfire, struts), I won’t repeat the mistake.
My preference is not feature set or flexibility, but simplicity. In my professional experience, I remember the java servlet and C# WCF implementations are robust, feature-rich and industry-strength. They are not simple. I like the simplicity in python and perl http endpoints.
- The simpler, the faster.
- The simpler, the fewer mistakes we tend to make.
- The simpler, the more adaptable.
- The simpler, the easier to integrate with other components
- https://cpp-netlib.org/0.9.1/hello_world_server.html shows a simple http endpoint constructed with cpp-netlib
- https://code.google.com/archive/p/mongoose/ is a simple library to construct http endpoints
- https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_55_0/doc/html/boost_asio/example/cpp11/http/server/main.cpp is a demo using boost::asio, which is industry-strength, not simple