If you want to be architect, you need to pick some domains.
Compared to python.. c#.. cpp, Java appears to be the #1 best language overall for most enterprise applications.
- Python performance limitations seem to require proprietary extensions. I rarely see pure python server that’s heavy-duty.
- c#is less proven less mature. More importantly it doesn’t work well with the #1 platform — linux.
- cpp is my 2nd pick. Some concerns:
- much harder to find talents
- Fewer open-source packages
- java is one of the cleanest languages. cpp is a blue-collar language, rough around the edges and far more complex.