This question is relevant to “meaningful endeavors”, “next direction” and “sustained focus”.
Q: Over the last 10Y, what I looked forward to :
- before GS — it’s all about earning capacity.
- GS– promotion and salary increment, but I soon realized limitations in me, in the environment etc
- contracting phase — in-demand, muscle building; try something new; billing rate
- sg 3 jobs –See in SG: realistic next motivation for working hard
- after re-entry to U.S. — IV batting average, as gauge of my market value
positive feedback can I look forward to, to keep me motivated?
- success with tricky coding questions from real interviews (perhaps from friends)
- more time for myself (but not in bad mood) — blogging, reading, exercise, sight-seeing.
- more time to reunion with family and grandparents. Remember [[about time]] movie theme?
- more income to provide for kids, grandparents and my dear wife
- more savings — to achieve more investment success
- more savings — buy a home nearer to office to cut commute
- more IV success, perhaps in quant or HFT domains?
- growing IV capabilities towards better jobs
- positive feedback from mgr like Anand and Ravi K.
- build zbs in c++/py — unrelated to IV, but gives me the much-needed respect, cool confidence, freedom from stress …?
- weight and fitness improvement
- more insights to publish on my blog, a sign of my accumulation