In spite of the threats and pains, I remain hopeful about my technical growth. Ideally, I hope to
- maintain competitiveness in java. Consider body-building
- selectively build up my c++ IV competitiveness, in terms of QQ/BP/ECT, from 6 to 7, over 2 years
- sockets, concurrency, sharedMem, templates ..
- try to recover the /sunk cost/ in quant domain
- slowly branch out to data analytics or data science
[1 java] feels achievable, based on my recent interviews. [4 data] is secondary and nice to have, not a must at age 43, so [2 cpp] is my main drive.
The interviews are crucial. Without IV, I can improve my GTD or zbs but painfully slow improvement of IV competitiveness.
Q: Suppose we don’t know java. Based on our c++ IV performance, can we survive as a c++ developer?
A: I will survive. My family needs me.