Q: how many days (immersion) do you need to get back to shape for coding interview?
A: a week to 2 months
This question becomes more relevant when you realize your proficiency is way off your peak level achieved x years ago.
xp: I was full time job hunting after layoff from BofA. At the same time Ashish was also trying. He took a few months to get into shape.
Note “shape” doesn’t involve advanced skills. It’s all about basic know-how. Therefore, this goal is a relatively low-hanging fruit and within my reach. Therefore, I feel motivated. I feel (including coding) interview preparation is my favorite sport. I fee like a prize fighter. When I prepare for this, I never feel spinning my wheel as I feel in other endeavors. My spare time utilization is highest in this area. In this area, I can more easily sink my teeth in, engage, and dig in my heels (as in tug-of-war)
- review my eclipse IV code in java and c++. Real code supposed to help memory more.
- review the tricky algo in my blog
- books like [[Elements of Programming Interview]]
- careercup? less ideal than EPI
- paste everywhere tiny stickers with Q&A? less important for pure algo quizzes
- self-tests like gaokao