Q: how many days (immersion) do you need to get back to shape for coding interview?
This question becomes more relevant when you realize your proficiency is way off your peak level achieved x years ago.
xp: I was full time job hunting after layoff from BofA. At the same time Ashish was also trying. He took a few months to get into shape.
Note “shape” doesn’t involve advanced skills. It’s all about basic know-how. Therefore, this goal is a relatively low-hanging fruit and within my reach. Therefore, I feel motivated. I feel (including coding) interview preparation is my favorite sport. I fee like a prize fighter. When I prepare for this, I never feel spinning my wheel as I feel in other endeavors. My spare time utilization is highest in this area. In this area, I can more easily sink my teeth in, engage, and dig in my heels (as in tug-of-war)
- review my eclipse IV code in java and c++. Real code supposed to help memory more.
- review the tricky algo in my blog
- books like [[Elements of Programming Interview]]
- careercup? less ideal than EPI
- paste everywhere tiny stickers with Q&A? less important for pure algo quizzes
- self-tests like gaokao