It’s kinda hard to measure 2 developers’ output. Given my background within my past teams, I now feel I did reasonably well on GTD, not super productive or super slow.
- In OC, I took care of Guardian, Quest, Excel interface, Bloomberg and other part of GMDS. I helped out on GMDS testing a few times. I wrote the web-based log viewer in WCF…. I think my productivity was reasonable. The donut bonus was at least 50% due to manager relationship.
- In contrast, at 95Green and Barcap my GTD was not much higher, but the value of my output was higher than team peers.
- In Stirt and Macquarie, manager felt I was good enough to be transferred to other teams.
- Stirt — I had lower value-add than the veterans, but probably higher value-add than most new joiners. Technically I was rated competent by everyone, otherwise they wouldn’t set up the transfer.
- Macquarie role has very high requirements in terms of communication, leadership, but in terms of technical expertise I was clearly appreciated, otherwise they wouldn’t hint the internal transfer.