Mostly QQ type of questions. I feel i may have to give up on some of the very low level (perf optimization) topics. I feel java and c# interviews are not so low.
Most of the questions are fairly … uncommon
Q: Stack overflow – who can detect it and print an error msg? JVM can do it but what if there’s no VM?
Q: What data type would you use for the tasks in a thread pool??
(I find this question too advanced. c++11 offers Futures…)
%%A: look at pthread-create. a func ptr taking a void ptr
Q: After malloc(), how do you cast the pointer to MyClass* ? Do you call the ctor? How?
(This is asked again by Alex of DRW)
- Inter-thread communications in thread pool – how does it work?
- Thread pool — Your resume mentioned your home-made thread pool? How?
- Boost::any, boost::bind, boost::function
- CPU cache – how do you use it to improve performance? Any specific techniques?
- Stack size – who controls it? at Compile time or run time?
- Shared ptr – how is it implemented?
- Scoped lock – what is it, why use it?
- Your bash shell customizations as a cpp developer?
- $LD_LIBRARY_PATH — what is it?