No label please
– Test::Simple (or Test::More) is proven and used by many CPAN modules.
– Test::Tutorial covers Test::Simple and Test::More
– regression test is easy with Test::Harness. After every edit, you can type a one-liner to quickly rerun any number of existing tests.
– “Write tests before writing the code”, for Java and Perl P420 [[ Perl Best Practices ]]
– “Calculate the *coverage* of your test suite”, ie . See Perl’s Devel::Cover and P87 [[ Mastering Perl ]]. You can see how many percent of your codebase is “covered” by the test suite.
– [[ Perl Testing: A Developer’s Notebook ]] is an entire O’Reilly book devoted to Perl testing.